Jun 15, 2020
About Jackie Simmons
TEDx speaker and author Jackie Simmons, learned the hard way that what most people call sales doesn’t work for her. As the mother of a teen suicide attempt survivor, Jackie had to learn how to sell herself on herself, because it’s hard to be successful when you feel like you have something to hide. Then Jackie’s now 38-year-old daughter, delivered a 7-minute talk that launched a mission to end suicide. Now Jackie teaches how to start conversations that matter - around success, sales, self-sabotage, and suicide. So you can speak up, stand out, and make a difference in the world.
episode Virginia and Jackie discuss:
- How to move from business to philanthropy.
- The power of a passion to make a movement.
- The 6-step conversation to successful problem-solving.
- And more!
- There are times that a linear path is not a straight line.
- The conversations we avoid are usually the ones that matter.
- Be willing to stop being busy.
- Be willing to listen without judgment.
- Be willing to listen without problem-solving.
- Believe in the power of the possible positive.
How to reach
Email Jackie: Jackie@JackieSimmons.com
Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
Connection Challenge! Let’s connect Jackie!
Jackie would like to meet Corie Barry, the CEO of Best Buy.